- 1 cup unbleached white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemon verbena, plus whole verbena leaves (to garnish)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups filtered water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, ginger, and lemon verbena in a small saucepan.
- Boil for 1 minute, transfer infused syrup to a container, and chill.
- Place blueberries and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and remaining 4 cups of water and blend to mix. Combine with infused syrup and strain into a pitcher.
- Serve over ice. Float 2-3 whole fresh lemon verbena leaves in each glass.