Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A moist cake
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries, floured (just enough to coat berries)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, beating until batter is smooth after each addition.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth, then fold in blueberries.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 9X13 baking pan.
- In another bowl mix brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over batter in the baking pan.
- Spread remaining batter over the top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with confectioner's sugar.
Absolutely great comfort dessert, & although I did follow the recipe on down, I used frozen blueberries! Oh, yes, I also left off the powdered sugar, but served it with a small scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt! A wonderfully tasty dessert that will be made again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for completing the Baker's Dozen Special in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
Wow! This is delicious. I made the recipe lighter by substituting light margarine for butter, Splenda baking sugar mix for sugar, Egg Beaters for eggs, and fat free sour cream for regular sour cream. With these changes, the cake's percentage of calories coming from fat is reduced from 25% to 5%. The cake is moist, delicious, and chock full of tasty blueberries. A definite winner, thanks Charlotte! Made for ZWT3.
Great recipe, we loved it! I increased the blueberries to 3 cups, thanks for sharing Charlotte!...Kitten:)