Recipe by Charlotte J
A moist cake
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Absolutely great comfort dessert, & although I did follow the recipe on down, I used frozen blueberries! Oh, yes, I also left off the powdered sugar, but served it with a small scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt! A wonderfully tasty dessert that will be made again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for completing the Baker's Dozen Special in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries, floured (just enough to coat berries)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, beating until batter is smooth after each addition.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth, then fold in blueberries.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 9X13 baking pan.
- In another bowl mix brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over batter in the baking pan.
- Spread remaining batter over the top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with confectioner's sugar.