Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Family Fun Magazine June 2005
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- First , wash the blueberries and remove any over ripe or under ripe ones.
- Place the berries in a medium saucepan and stir in water and suger.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the berries are soft and have released their juices.
- Remove the pan from heat and set aside to cool.
- Pour whipping cream into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Pour cooled berries over the whipped cream and mix in carefully.
- Put into the fridge for at least 2 hours, then spoon into serving dishes.
This was great- consistency turned out great after chilling it for a couple of hours, but we found it really sweet. Will reduce the sugar next time (hopefully it will set up the same way!) Thanks for the recipe.
I made this a long time ago and forgot to leave a review! It was easy to make and I really liked it!
this is a very tasty recipe! it was so easy to make and my 21 month old daughter and i loved it. she only got a tiny bit so i will have to make this again. thank you kiandra for this recipe!!!