Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on the interent and added it to my muffin collection -- it's great for breakfast!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease 12 standard size muffin cups.
- To prepare muffins, in a large bowl, using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Fold in lemon zest.
- Gradually stir in buttermilk until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling 2/3 full.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of blueberries into center of each muffin.
- Bake until lightly golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool slightly.
- Serve warm.