Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
easy light served cold.. prepare ahead. is loved by many.. i got this from my mom, and she makes it w/cherries on top b/c my dad likes the cherry kind.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted (or butter)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (or your favorite type of nut)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, like topping
- 1 (15 ounce) can blueberry pie filling (or your favorite flavor) or 2 cups fresh fruit
- mix together in 8"x8" pan the flour, margarine, and nuts.
- bake this for 25 min @ 350 degrees F.
- in a mixing bowl cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping.
- when the crust is cool to the touch scoop the cream cheese mixture onto the crust.
- top with the pie filling or fresh fruit.
- cool in refrigerator for about 1 hour or freezer for about 30 minutes to set.
This was great!! I actually doubled some of the ingredients so that I could make it in a 9 by 13 pan. I didn't double the cool whip or the powdered sugar. I did add an extra 1/2 - 3/4 cup of powdered sugar to taste. I also added 2 - 3 tsp of lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture. I used the Perfect Blueberry Pie Filling #228641 for the toppiing. It was awesome too!