Recipe by Julesong
Got friends and camping to go together? Here's the drink for you! Similar to Apple Pie in a Bottle, here's my cobbler version of a drink that's great to take on camping trips with good friends, and perfect for sharing around the campfire. :) This is my own recipe that we take to SCA camping events in the Pacific Northwest.
- 16 ounces blueberry juice (available in the organic section of many grocery stores)
- 8 ounces absolut red label vodka (100 proof)
- 4 ounces vanilla Schnapps
- 8 ounces butterscotch schnapps
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together liquid ingredients; stir in apple pie spice.
- Pour into a 32 oz bottle, add the cinnamon sticks, and refrigerate for at least a week before serving. (We often just store it in our cool garage, which works fine.).
- Blueberry Cobbler is a group drink, often shared straight out of the bottle with folks all sitting around the campfire.
- Note: Absolut Red Label has gotten more difficult to find these days. Try to use higher proof vodka if you can, but if the Red Label is too expensive or unavailable, you can substitute another equal quality high proof vodka. Potato vodka can also be used, but check the taste before using to make sure it's something you like the taste of and that it's not too sweet for you. Higher proof is generally drier in taste.