Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Blueberry Jam in the middle of these buttery bars that are loaded with almonds and white chocolate, YUM!!!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 9x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Add 1 cup of the white baking pieces (do not stir). Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Add butter mixture to egg mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in almond extract.
- Stir together flour and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; stir just until combined. Spread half of the batter in prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, cook and stir blueberry jam over low heat until melted. Spread melted jam evenly over baked layer. Stir remaining white baking chips into remaining butter. Drop batter in small mounds on top of jam layer. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean and top is lightly browned. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.