Recipe by Barb G.
Blending vanilla yogurt and reduced-fat cream cheese creates a topping that is as virtuous as it is delicious. Any fresh berry would be lovely in this recipe. The recipe is courtesy Eating Well.
Top Review by Rita~
Barb Thanks for having us eat well with this recipe which made me feel like I was cheating! Just love the honey in it! I blended the cheese and yogurt mixture. looking at it now I wish I added some mint. Rich goodness, creamy smooth, lite and fresh! Thanks!
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, freshly grated
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a fork, break up cream cheese in a medium bowl;Add yogurt and honey to cream cheese.
- Using an electric mixer, beat at high speed until creamy, add lemon zest.
- Layer lemon cream and blueberries in dessert dishes or wine glasses.
- NOTE: This can be made ahead; the dessert will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.