Recipe by Biscoti
This is an awesome recipe we made up. It is tried and true. I got this recipe from piemaking in Canada, where we went out blueberry picking. These should be fresh picked wild berries. I think you probably substitute Saskatoon berries, as well. Yummy!
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first three ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make sure the berries are covered with the dry goods.
- Pour berry mixture into first pie shell, then cover with other crust.
- Using a knife, cut a design into the top of the pie, leaving a small hole in the center.
- Brush with egg yolks, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in 350* oven for 45 - 60 minutes. Yeay!
- Your pie is done- let it cool, then dig in!