Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe on a card attached to a wedding gift from a neighbor. It quickly became our favorite comfort food supper. It's easy and just plain GOOD!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover potato cubes with water in saucepan and simmer until tender. Meanwhile, in large skillet, saute hamburger with onion until meat is browned and onion is translucent; drain. Add soup, can of corn, drained, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper to meat mixture and mix well. Pour into 2 quart casserole.
- Drain potatoes, add butter, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Mash while adding evaporated milk, a little at a time, until they are mashed and smooth (it may not take the whole can of milk).
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top of the meat mixture, making sure to get all the way to the edges. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
I made this last night for me and my husband and it was a big hit! We both had two helpings! I added some steak seasoning to the hamburger and used whole milk but other than that I followed the recipe. I have added this to my cookbook and it will be a regular item on my menu. Thanks for sharing.