- pie dough (1 batch, enough for two-crust pie)
- 4 cups blueberries
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Have an 8-inch double crust pie shell ready.
- Sort, rinse and drain blueberries.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over berries.
- Combine sugar, flour, lemon peel, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Toss this mixture gently with the blueberries to coat well.
- Put berry mixture into pie shell; dot with margarine. Place second crust on top of pie, seal edges and cut 3 slashes in top to allow steam to escape. Bake in preheated 450°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350°F and continue baking 30-35 minutes more. Cool pie before slicing.
- NOTES : This is an old fashioned pie recipe that is juicy, fragrant and delicious. It is important to use the freshest blueberries you can find.