Blue Mountain Blueberry Pie
- Have an 8-inch double crust pie shell ready.
- Sort, rinse and drain blueberries.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over berries.
- Combine sugar, flour, lemon peel, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Toss this mixture gently with the blueberries to coat well.
- Put berry mixture into pie shell; dot with margarine. Place second crust on top of pie, seal edges and cut 3 slashes in top to allow steam to escape. Bake in preheated 450°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350°F and continue baking 30-35 minutes more. Cool pie before slicing.
- NOTES : This is an old fashioned pie recipe that is juicy, fragrant and delicious. It is important to use the freshest blueberries you can find.