Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A moist cornbread with a twist. My family enjoys it with our eggs on special week-end breakfasts. I found the basic recipe in a coobook while staying at a B&B in Silver City, NM.
- 155.92 g goat cheese, crumbled
- 177.44 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml blue cornmeal (yellow can be subsituted)
- 4 large eggs
- 354.88 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 425.24 g can creamed corn
- 2 (226.79 g) candiced green chili peppers, with liquid
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- In large bowl with spatula beat margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Add corn meal, mix till well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir till blended, try not to over mix.
- Fold in the creamed corn, chiles and crumbled goat cheese.
- Pour batter in a greased 9x13 baking pan.