Recipe by JERSEY FLOURCHILD
A moist cornbread with a twist. My family enjoys it with our eggs on special week-end breakfasts. I found the basic recipe in a coobook while staying at a B&B in Silver City, NM.
- 5 1⁄2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup blue cornmeal (yellow can be subsituted)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 (4 ounce) cansdiced green chili peppers, with liquid
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- In large bowl with spatula beat margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Add corn meal, mix till well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir till blended, try not to over mix.
- Fold in the creamed corn, chiles and crumbled goat cheese.
- Pour batter in a greased 9x13 baking pan.