Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really delicious & a bit different.
Make and share this Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms W/ Apple, Walnuts & Sage recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup apple, peeled and chopped fine
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine or 3 tablespoons white wine or 3 tablespoons good beer
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch salt & fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Carefully cut out the stems and center of each mushroom and chop the insides finely. Heat the butter to a skillet over medium heat to melt. Add the onions, garlic, apple, sage, sherry and chopped mushroom stems and cook until the mixture is translucent. Separately combine blue cheese, walnuts & applesauce in a bowl. Add the cooked ingredients to the cheese mixture w/ salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place mushroom caps on lightly greased cookie sheet(s) and fill each cap with he mixture, mounding if necessary.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the mushrooms darken and soften slightly.