PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this in the updated version of the "Taste of Home" cookbook. It was submitted by Helen Conwell from Fairhope, AL, who says: "The crunch of the walnuts and bacon is a pleasant contrast to the creamy rice-shaped past. The blue cheese and arugula lend a satisfying, savory quality."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 cups fresh arugula, torn
- 5 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1Cook orzo according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl.
- 2Add the arugula, bacon, blue cheese, onions and walnuts.
- 3In a blender, combine the first six vinaigrette ingredients; cover and process until blended.
- 4While procession, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 5Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
- 6Serve the salad immediately.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.6
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 599.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 10.8 g