Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love blue cheese dressings and this one from the Seattle Times is very good. The cayenne adds an extra punch. I like my blue cheese dressing chunky, so I didn't bother blending this in the food processor.
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mash blue cheese with some of the mayonnaise until well blended.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender.
- Add remaining mayonnaise with sour cream, milk, lemon juice, mustard, cayenne, garlic powder and pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl or jar, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
An easy to make dressing that I enjoyed over a mixed green salad! Thanks bobo! Made for Pick a Chef!