Recipe by Jan-Luv's2Cook
Easy and very yummy Gorgonzola butter. Ideal for serving with a nice juicy steak. You can use any soft blue cheese for this that you fancy.
Top Review by Abby Girl
An excellent butter for steak. Since I was making this for me, I cut the recipe in half and didn't add the walnuts. I loved it but DH is not a big fan of strong cheese, so he passed on it. I will store the rest in the freezer for the next time I have steak!!!
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened
- 50 g gorgonzola
- 25 g walnuts, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure the butter is soft.
- Put the butter, gorgonzola, finely chopped walnuts and chopped parsley into a bowl and beat well.
- Season to taste.
- Get yourself a square piece of greeceproof paper about 10 x 10 inches.
- Make it damp by running your hand under a tap then smooth over the paper.
- Now put the butter mixture along one side in a nice fattish log shape.
- Carefully roll up into a sausage shape - keeping the mixture tight and like a sausage.
- Twist the ends of the paper like your making a christmas cracker.
- Put into the fridge to set - just before your steak is ready remove from the fridge and cut into slices - put a slice or a couple of slices on top of each steak.
- Serve imeadiately.