Recipe by Brenda.
Tangy blue and sharp cheddar cheese combined with potatoes in a rich, creamy sauce.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! These are really good and they smell wonderful while they are cooking. I used my mandoline to slice the potatoes since I'm such a klutz otherwise and they cooked evenly throughout. The blue cheese adds a great flavor to this gratin. Thanks Nick's Mom.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rub garlic and butter over inside of 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Add cream, milk and nutmeg to saucepan; bring to simmer.
- Arrange potato slices in 1 layer in dish. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat layering with remaining potatoes, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.
- Pour cream mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and top is deep golden, about 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.