Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A little twist on the classic sandwich.
Make and share this BLT Wraps recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 16 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine mayonnaise and tomatoes in a bowl. Spread evenly over 1 side of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Layer lettuce, bacon, and onions, if desired, evenly over tortillas. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Roll up tortillas; secure with wooden picks, and cut in half diagonally.
Inventive way to switch up your BLT. I would have loved tons more sundried tomatoes to boost that yummy flavor, and some fresh tomatoes as well, to make it juicier. Still a good wrap though!
Made this for our Easter get-together, and followed this as written. I really liked the taste of sun-dried tomatoes & mayo mixed together and this was a special treat, indeed. It almost tasted similar to a 7 layer-salad, except rolled neatly in a roll. I cut mine in thirds, and with each third used a brightly colored toothpick to pick up easier. I put them out on a tray, along with a couple other treats but these were gone first and fast! Thank you for posting this delish treat! Made for 123 Hits! April 2009.
Scaled back to two serves for this morning's :yummy: breakfast. Made exactly to the recipe, except that I used fresh tomato and we had two rashers of bacon each. Thanks for sharing this delicicious recipe, kittycatmom. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.