Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
I picked up this recipe when I was living in Virginia over 40 years ago. I love it because of the flavour and because it is an easy one, not too complicated for me.
- Cream the butter and 2 cups sugar until fluffy.
- Add the yolks, singly, beating each time, and add the flour alternatively with the flavouring and bourbon, beating till smooth.
- Beat the whites stiff and add the rest of the sugar. Gently fold the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Put the nuts on the bottom of a buttered 10" tube pan and turn the mixture into it, smoothing over.
- Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours & let cool before turning over & cutting.