Recipe by TheGrumpyChef
I haven't made this yet, but it sounds so good I have to put it here so I will be able to find it again. Total time does not include time to chill. From July 2009 Good Housekeeping.
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vodka (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 pints grape tomatoes, cut in half (may use cherry tomatoes)
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1/4 inch thick diagonal slices
- celery leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, whisk horseradish, oil, vodka (if using), lemon juice, pepper sauce, Worcestershire, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper until blended.
- Add tomatoes and celery; toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- To serve, toss againto coat with dressing, and garnish with celery leaves.
- Makes 7 cups.