Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't made this yet, but it sounds so good I have to put it here so I will be able to find it again. Total time does not include time to chill. From July 2009 Good Housekeeping.
- 29.58 ml prepared horseradish
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml vodka (optional)
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 7.39 ml hot pepper sauce
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1419.57 ml grape tomatoes, cut in half (may use cherry tomatoes)
- 4 stalk celery, cut into 1/4 inch thick diagonal slices
- celery leaves (to garnish)
- In large bowl, whisk horseradish, oil, vodka (if using), lemon juice, pepper sauce, Worcestershire, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper until blended.
- Add tomatoes and celery; toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- To serve, toss againto coat with dressing, and garnish with celery leaves.
- Makes 7 cups.
Delicious side salad for grilled steak. I used fresh garden tomatoes in place of the grape tomatoes and diced them into bite sized pieces.
A really fun appeteazer! I used cherry tomatoes and pierced them several times with a toothpick instead of cutting in half. I used all the suggested seasonings and celery salt. I used enough vodka to cover the tomatoes. Good stuff!
Perfect! I used a mixture of red grape tomatoes and yellow cherry tomatoes, which made the salad eye-catching and colorful along with tasty. I used Grey Goose vodka, extra hot horseradish, and Bufalo salsa jalapeno rojo in the dressing. I liked the flavor of it immediately after mixing, but the dressing gets even better after chilling because it gets mixed with the tomato juices. I could totally see myself keeping a bowl of this on hand for snacking (I adore tomatoes), so I will definitely be making this again, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2012