Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
In response to a request. I think I found this recipe on the back of the reynolds foil bag boxes. It turns out a tender roast that is easy to clean up afterward because it is sure to be eaten up!
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 6 ounces bloody mary mix (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 8 small onions
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch, pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch, pieces
- Place 22 x 18-inch piece of aluminum foil in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Place beef in pan, and add Bloody Mary mix and wine.
- Sprinkle with flour, pepper, and onion soup mix.
- Arrange vegetables around beef.
- Fold foil over and seal.
- Bake at 350°F for 2 hours or until tender.
This is a very moist and tender meat recipe. The only change I made was to put it in the oven at 250 degrees for 3 hours and then raised the temperature to 350 for the last 1/2 hour. My family seemed to really like it,and my husband says the left overs are better than the night before.
This was fantastic. I bought a sirloin tip roast rather than chuck roast for less fat. I also put it into my crockpot on low for 8 hours. I have a 6 quart slow cooker, if you have a smaller size I would decrease the liquid.When got home, the house smelt great and the taste was worth it. Next time, I will had diced potatoes. The other change you can make is use beef cubes instead of a whole beef roast and add 2 Tablespoons of quick cooking Tapioca and you will have a wonderful stew. Thanks for a great recipe.
The sauce was so delicious. My family loved it! Thanks so much!