Sunday Beef Pot Roast
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 - 4 3 1/2-4 lbs arm blade roast or 3 1/2-4 lbs cross-rib roasts
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 small potatoes, halved
- 8 carrots, quartered
- Heat oil in dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add beef,brown on all sides.
- Remove roast amd place in aluminuim foil.
- Saute onion,green pepper and garlic in dutch oven.
- Add tomato sauce and water stir to blend.
- Return beef to the dutch oven.
- Add mushrooms,salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low,cover,simmer 2 hours.
- Add veggies,cover and continue cooking 30 minutes or until tender. Cooking time is 2hrs.30.minutes.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Susan, I live in northern Minnesota. I am married with 2 children. I love to cook. I love having the family over or friends and treating them to a good meal. My husband says I was a good cook before Recipezaar,Iv'e just gotten better. Thanks to all of you and the recipe reviews system..I have tried so many new recipes, but still have my own favorites which I have listed and I hope you will give a try...We like texmex,salads and soups...I am so happy I found all the Olive Garden soups on recipezaar.