Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Marion Cunningham (Fannie Farmer). This hollandaise method is for people who believe they can't make hollandaise. It's absolutely fool-proof and I guarantee it. I love hollandaise for eggs benedict, broccoli and asparagus.
- Put the yolks in a blender or food processor.
- Blend on low speed for a couple of seconds, just to whisk the eggs.
- With the machine running, slowly pour in the boiling water, then, (with the machine still running) very, very, VERY slowly pour in the hot melted butter.
- Be patient- you must pour the butter in in the thinnest of streams, like fast drops, or the sauce will break.
- Add the lemon juice, salt to taste and the cayenne.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a bit more boiling water.
- Will hold, sitting in a bowl of warm water, for hours.