Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've just discovered agave nectar and it can now even be found at Wal-Mart. Once you've tasted an Agave Margarita, you almost can't go back.
- 2 ounces agave tequila, blanco
- 1 ounce orange liqueur (Triple Sec or Cointreau)
- 2 limes, juice of (small limes and to taste)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 -2 tablespoon agave nectar (I like mine on the sweet side)
- splash orange juice or nectarine juice or satsuma juice
- ice cube
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except ice. Add enough ice to come to the top of the liquid. Blend on high until smooth.
- If desired, serve in a salt-rimmed margarita glass or garnished with a lime wedge. Serve immediately.
The perfect margarita! You are right that once you try one with agave nectar, you can't go back to bottled mixes or mediocre margaritas in restaurants.
This was a lovely accompaniment to the our Mexican Chicken salad we had for dinner. We found it a little earthier than our usual margarita, dh liked that it was less sweet (I used the lesser amount of agave) , I thought it could us a little more snap but still enjoyed it. Thanks gailanng! Made for ZWT by another one of The Wild Bunch