Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From a newspaper on St. Patrick's Day a few years ago.
Make and share this Blarney Stone Whiskey Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Soak nutmeg in whiskey for 10 minutes.
- Mix pecans or walnuts together with raisins and 1/4 c flour and set aside.
- In large bowl, cream margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Fold in remaining 1 and 1/4 c flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, soaked nutmeg and whiskey and raisin-nut mixture.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan.
- Let cool in pan 30 minutes.
- Remove cake and cool completely on rack.