Recipe by Count Chocula
These are great for St. Patrick's Day or any time! They have a streusel layer of whiskey-soaked pistachios for great crunch and green for St. Patrick's Day! I used a 6 oz bag of Sunkist Pistachio Kernels and crushed them to get the pistachio crumbs.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
Yumm!! These are great!! I love the color of green that the pistachios give these blondies and the hint of whiskey is great!!! The salt from the pistachios balances the sweet from the white chocolate very well!! Great crunchy, gooey, delicious blondies!! Thanks for a great St. Patrick's Day treat!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vanilla chips (or white chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon whiskey
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely crushed pistachio nutmeats (measured after crushing)
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely crushed pistachio nutmeats (measured after crushing)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons whiskey
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
- Add the eggs, whiskey, and vanilla then mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl then sift. Add the sifted flour mixture to the creamed mixture little by little and blend well.
- Stir in vanilla chips and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9 pan, spread and press to cover bottom of pan.
- Mix up the streusel ingredients in a little bowl and let them sit for a bit to soak up the whiskey.
- Spread the streusel over the blondie batter in the pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.