1/2 Photos of Blarney Blondies
Count Chocula's Note:
These are great for St. Patrick's Day or any time! They have a streusel layer of whiskey-soaked pistachios for great crunch and green for St. Patrick's Day! I used a 6 oz bag of Sunkist Pistachio Kernels and crushed them to get the pistachio crumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vanilla chips (or white chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon whiskey
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed pistachio nutmeats (measured after crushing)
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed pistachio nutmeats (measured after crushing)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons whiskey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
- 3Add the eggs, whiskey, and vanilla then mix well.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl then sift. Add the sifted flour mixture to the creamed mixture little by little and blend well.
- 5Stir in vanilla chips and 1/2 cup nuts.
- 6Spoon into a greased 13x9 pan, spread and press to cover bottom of pan.
- 7Mix up the streusel ingredients in a little bowl and let them sit for a bit to soak up the whiskey.
- 8Spread the streusel over the blondie batter in the pan.
- 9Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blarney Blondies
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 113.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g