Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another great recipe from Pioneer Woman
- 2 heads broccoli, cut in florets
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cajun spices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- Blanch broccoli by throwing florets into boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Drain and place in ice water.
- when cool remove and keep in fridge.
- melt butter in a pot over medium heat.
- sprinkle in flour.
- whisk to combine and cook until thick, about 1 min.
- pour in milk and heat until it thickens.
- add the grated cheese, cream cheese, salt, Cajun spice, mustard and pepper to taste.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- serve hot with the cold broccoli and serve as a dipping sauce.