Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 7 mins
This is so good! It's very easy to make but tastes like something you would get in a fine restaurant. A Bobby Flay recipe.
Roasted Red Pepper and Ancho Salsa
- 2 dried ancho chiles
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 grilled red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon with Goat Cheese
- 4 (8 ounce) filet mignon, 8 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, cut into 4 slices
- cilantro leaf, for garnish
- Roasted Red Pepper and Ancho Salsa:
- Place the ancho chiles in a medium bowl, cover with boiling water and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Remove the chiles from the soaking liquid, stem and coarsely chop, and combine in a blender with the garlic, pine nuts, honey and 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the bell pepper strips, vinegar, cilantro, salt and pepper. Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours before serving.
- Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon with Goat Cheese:
- Heat your grill to high.
- Brush the filets with the oil and season both sides of each filet with the salt and 1 side of each filet with the black pepper. Place the steaks on the grill, pepper side down and grill until lightly charred and crusty, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the steaks over, and grill for 2 to 3 minutes longer for medium-rare.
- Turn the steaks, once more so that the pepper side is facing up and top each filet with a slice of the cheese. Close the cover and grill until the cheese begins to melt slightly, about 1 minute.
- Remove the steaks from the grill, let rest for 5 minutes. Top each filet with the roasted red pepper-ancho salsa. Garnish with cilantro leaves, before serving.