Julie B's Hive's Note:
Found on line but I've never tried this. Prep time is a guess since I've never made these. Serve with Almond Cakes #234935. Posted for ZWT3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine licorice, salt, 4 cups milk, and 1/3 cup sugar in a 2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan and heat over moderately low heat (do not let boil), stirring frequently, until licorice is dissolved, 18 to 20 minutes. (If licorice is not completely dissolved, let mixture stand off heat, uncovered, whisking occasionally, 10 minutes.).
- 2Increase heat to moderate and bring milk mixture to a bare simmer.
- 3Stir together cornstarch and remaining 1/2 cup milk in a small bowl.
- 4Whisk cornstarch mixture into licorice mixture and simmer, whisking, 2 minutes to thicken.
- 5Whisk together egg yolks and remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl until combined well, then add hot milk mixture in a slow stream, whisking. Return to saucepan and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until thermometer registers 170°F Immediately pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl and stir in butter until incorporated.
- 6Chill pudding, its surface covered wax paper, until very cold, about 4 hours.
- 7Just before serving, gently whisk pudding, then divide among 6 glasses or bowls.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Licorice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.3
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 130.8 mg
- Sodium 174.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: