- 4 lbs chicken wings, and drumsticks wings split at the joints
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup sake (I substituted tea)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced candied ginger or 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F; line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and arrange the chicken in a single layer.
- Stir together the garlic, teriyaki sauce, honey, sake, orange juice, and ginger in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and bake for 1 hour. Raise the heat to 450°F, turn the pieces over, baste with sauce, and bake for an additional 15-30 minutes until the chicken is dark and the sauce very thick.
- Transfer the wings to a serving platter and top with the sesame seeds.