Recipe by Danielle K.
Cookies from the black hills of South Dakota. Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookies 1998.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup large semisweet chocolate piece
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and shortening in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, brown sugar and baking soda; beat till combined.
- Beat in cooled chocolate, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in the remaining flour, chocolate pieces, white baking pieces, and nuts.
- Drop dough from rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onan ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till tops look dry. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool.