Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Kraft Foods
Top Review by LoriInIndiana
It doesn't get much easier than this one, folks. Chose this one for the We're Really Cooking Now challenge for ZWT 4, as it was to be completed with my son, and it was a hit with the kiddos. Including Oreos in the ingredient list didn't hurt either in the selection process when you are relying on someone under 12. LOL I topped it with Cool Whip, but know it will be even better with ice cream when we have some leftovers tomorrow. Thanks!
- 16 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2⁄3 cup toasted slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix cookie crumbs, almonds and butter until well blended; set aside.
- Spoon pie filling into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan; top with the crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until pie filling is hot and bubbly and topping is lightly browned; cool.
- Top each serving with 1/3 cup of the ice cream.