Recipe by zama
Black eye peas and sausage. I got this recipe off a label of Bushes' Black-eyed peas.
Top Review by willow208
I've made this one several times but slightly different. I use 2 cans of black eye peas, 2 cans tomatoes, I also use ground rosemary (use a coffee grinder). I don't do the cornbread. I top it with cheddar cheese. I also don't like mushy black eye peas and so I add the peas 10 minutes before it's done.
- 425.24 g can black-eyed peas
- 453.59 g spicy sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 425.24 g can tomatoes, petite diced
- 9.85 ml rosemary
- 9.85 ml oregano
- 1 small onion
- 1 green pepper
- 226.79 g box cornbread mix
- 1 egg (for cornbread)
- 78.07 ml milk (for cornbread)