Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Black eye peas and sausage. I got this recipe off a label of Bushes' Black-eyed peas.
Make and share this Black-Eyed Peas Supper recipe from Food.com.
- 425.24 g can black-eyed peas
- 453.59 g spicy sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 425.24 g can tomatoes, petite diced
- 9.85 ml rosemary
- 9.85 ml oregano
- 1 small onion
- 1 green pepper
- 226.79 g box cornbread mix
- 1 egg (for cornbread)
- 78.07 ml milk (for cornbread)
- Brown sausage.
- Add onion and green pepper, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add undrained black eyed peas, and undrained tomatoes.
- Add rosemary and oregano.
- Start cornbread according to directions.
- Simmered sausage mixture, covered for 20 minutes.
I've made this one several times but slightly different. I use 2 cans of black eye peas, 2 cans tomatoes, I also use ground rosemary (use a coffee grinder). I don't do the cornbread. I top it with cheddar cheese. I also don't like mushy black eye peas and so I add the peas 10 minutes before it's done.
Oh WOW! This is a winning recipe and one that I will make again. The sausage was Turkey Chorizo. This was served with Corn Muffins Like Kenny Rogers Roasters by Todd Wilbur. Made for PAC Spring 2008. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.