Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Looking for a way to use up those leftover new year's black eyed peas without boring your palate? Try these easy, versatile microwave wonders.
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1⁄3 cup black-eyed peas, already cooked
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 2 slices summer sausage, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- Microwave the black eyed peas alone, to get some of the juices out: around 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, ladle the peas onto the tortilla.
- Sprinkle on the spices, cheese, onion, summer sausage chunks. You can use any spice combo you like, as well as any additional veggies or meat. The ingredients are just what I used.
- Keeping tortilla flat, microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Fold the tortilla over and eat with knife and fork. Fold up for a burrito if your peas aren't too juicy.