Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got these online somewhere. My kids had fun making them!
Make and share this Black Cat Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Blend butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, cocoa, and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add in baking powder, baking soda and flour. Blend until combined.
- Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie ball with a glass.
- With your fingers pinch the top of each cookie to form into ears.
- Add whiskers by press the a fork into each side of the cookie “face.”
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and press in 2 candy corn eyes and a red hot cinnamon candy for a nose.
I would give these cookies five stars because they look so cute, but they did not taste a bit good. The dough was very dry and crumbly and they baked up dry and bland.
I first found this recipe on Allrecipes.com about ten years ago and try to make them every Halloween. Because the cookies were baked for very young children, we substituted red mini M&Ms for the Red Hots. The cookies themselves are delicious and chocolate-y rich tasting and the adults enjoyed them as well. Fun! Thanks for posting this version. Other versions online use only white sugar but we like this one better with the brown and white sugar.