Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Kids even liked this meal! I served it with Scalloped Corn Casserole, Steamed Spinach and baby green salad with cantaloupe and Balsamic Vinagraite. (There were no left-overs)
- 4 pork loin chops
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup medium hot salsa
- 1 tablespoon cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- plain plain fat-free yogurt
- Pre-heat Broiler.
- Rub chops with pepper and garlic, broil until done, turning occasionally.
- In lg. skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add beans saute approximately 2 minutes.
- Add Garlic Powder, chili powder and cumin, saute 2 minutes more.
- Add salsa and cilantro.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place chops on 4 plates, top with 1/4 of the bean mixture and a dallop of Plain Yogurt.
YUMMY! That was what came out of my DH and DS mouths after they tasted these easy to make black beans and pork chops. I actually cooked the chops on my george forman grill (I love my chops on there) and followed your recipe exactly. We all loved it! Thanks!
I've made this meal several times and it always goes over well with the family. I serve it with rice, and my daugter likes to mix the black beans in with the rice--Tasty!