Recipe by Scribbler515
This is my twist on Goya's standard recipe for black beans. This is absolutely delicious served over white rice.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell peppers, chopped or 1⁄4 cup cubanelle pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 0.5 (1/4 ounce) packet Sazon Goya seasoning, without annatto
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and chopped pepper.
- Saute until golden brown and tender, about 8-10 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Add minced garlic and saute for one minute. Do not burn garlic.
- Stir in black beans, water and oregano.
- In a cup, mix Sazon Goya with red wine until well-combined.
- Add red wine mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes. Sauce will thicken.
- Pour over white rice.