Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make ceratin to heat the black beans in the microwave before using, all ingredient amounts can be adjusted to taste.
- 8 teaspoons melted butter (or use oil)
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups canned black beans (well drained then heated)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 8 large eggs
- salt and black pepper
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (or use cheddar cheese)
- 2⁄3 cup salsa (or to taste, use mild or spicy)
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush about 2 teaspoons butter or oil over one side of each tortilla., then sprinkle the chili powder and a little salt over each tortilla; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp and golden brown (about 7-8 minutes).
- Meanwhile in a large skillet heat about 1-2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until hot; add in 8 eggs, cover the skillet and cook eggs until just set (about 3-4 minutes, do not break the yolks the eggs should be sunny-side up!) sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer each tortilla to a plate (you should have 4 plates).
- Top and divide each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of warmed black beans the sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese and then place 2 sunny-side up eggs on top of the cheese.
- In the same skillet combine the salsa with ketchup; heat stirring until hot, then spoon over the eggs.
- Top with remaining cheese and then sprinkle with green onions.
This is great to have when you are really really HUNGRY!! It is so filling and delicious! We used canned refried black beans and it was wonderful. We'll definitely have this again.
Delicious and easy! I used cream cheese instead of monterey jack because that's what I had on hand, as well as pinto beans for the same reason. Great recipe!