- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 15 ounces black beans, undrained
- 8 ounces chicken seitan, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 taco shells
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, oregano, garlic, and jalapeno and cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in sherry, soy sauce, beans, and seitan, bring to a boil then cook until liquid almost evaporates. Season to taste.
- Prepare taco shells. Spoon about 1/3 cup bean mixture into each shell, top each taco with lettuce, avocados, and other desired toppings.