Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is delicious with chicken. I'm sure it would pair nicely with fish and pork as well.
Make and share this Black Bean, Mango and Jicama Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 jicama, peeled and jullienned (cut in thin strips)
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Cut mango into small pieces.
- The easiest way is to sit the mango on it's narrow side and slice the fruit off either side of the central pit, which is about 1 1/2 inches in the center.
- Take a large spoon and slide it between the skin and flesh of the two halves.
- Chop the flesh and toss in a medium bowl.
- You can also cut a small amount of flesh from around the pit, or take the cooks reward and bite it off for yourself!
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mango and stir together.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust as necessary.
This was a nice refreshing salad and a great change from you standard tossed salad. I added some thinly sliced green onions and a some mint to round out the flavor. I also added a touch of chili powder as it is always a good compliment to jicama. My jalepeno was a particularly spicy bugger which made this a little bit more of a challenge for us to eat, but we still enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing!