Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
These quick and easy brownies are high in fiber and gluten free. A variation of other black-bean brownie recipes.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee (or 1 Tbs instant coffee dissolved in 1 Tbs hot water)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 Splenda sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
- In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients until black beans are very well blended.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until edges begin to pull from sides of pan.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Serves 16.
I used 3/4 cane sugar instead of Splenda. Splenda has the GROSSEST aftertaste. The bean texture was apparent while warm. I almost threw out the whole pan but popped them in the fridge. Chilled, I LOVE THEM! If you weren't a fan, try them cold. YUM!
Will try this again. I reduced the Splenda by 1/4 cut to 1/2 and in looking back over the recipe, think I forgot the oil (oops). I was wondering why these came out drier than I would have liked. I also added 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate which would have compensated for some of the oil. Even my DH, who usually dislikes baked goods, likes these.