Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taught to me by a friend, this quick and easy recipe can be whipped up on a work night and is a favorite around my house. Ingredients are ready made and very available. Round out the meals by serving with rice and corn.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- cayenne pepper
- 6 tortillas
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- In a large pan or skillet, thaw the frozen spinach over medium high heat.
- When completely thawed, add black beans and pepper.
- Add cream cheese to the skillet and work with it to combine the ingredients.
- Add cheddar, stirring to help it melt and combine. Remove from heat.
- Divide the mixture into the center of the six tortillas, folding both ends over and rolling to the center.
- Pour one can of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9 by 13 glass baking pan.
- Arrange the enchiladas in the pan, pour the remaining can of sauce over them and top with more shredded cheddar to garnish.
- Bake approximately 15-20 minutes, until sauces is bubbling and cheddar garnish is browned slightly.
These are really good! I added some sauteed onions and corn to mine, and a few diced peppers. Good stuff!
I needed something easy with things already in the kitchen and this was it! I always seem to adjust recipes so this is what I did: I added 2 more cans of beans, the whole 8oz of cream cheese instead of just 4oz, a sprinkle of chili seasoning, lots of garlic and used green chili enchilada sauce. I really liked this. Very easy, economical and yummy.