Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A recipe adapted from thefoodcoach.com, which is delicious served with a green salad and a slice of sourdough bread or mashed sweet potato.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small birds eye chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (400 g) cans tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup dried black beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1⁄2 cup canned chick-peas, drained
- 2 zucchini, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and onion and chilli and sauté until soft.
- Add all the other ingredients (excluding the chickpeas and zucchini) and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and partially cover and cook for 60 minutes or until the beans are tender. (This can vary depending on the age of the beans).
- Once the beans are tender add the chickpeas and zucchini and cook for a further 10 - 15 minutes.