2 hrs 7 mins
A delicious buttery cookie that is made in two parts and put together to create a black and white pinwheel cookie. (This dough can also be frozen for several months or kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 2Blend together the butter and the sugar, beat in the egg yolk, milk and vanilla. Add the flour mixture. Mix to combine.
- 3Divide dough into two parts.
- 4Leave one part buttery and yellow, the other half is to have melted chocolate chips added to it.
- 5(Melt in microwave or over boiling water in double boiler being very careful not to scorch or burn).
- 6Chill both halves of the dough.
- 7Roll out the black and white sections separately, each between two sheets of waxed paper.
- 8Roll into rectangles with 1/4 inch thickness. Place black on white roll together as tough rolling a jelly roll, removing center wax paper as you go.
- 9Shape into uniform roll and chill dough for up to one hour.
- 10Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- 11Slice chilled dough into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- 12Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 to 7 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black and White Pinwheels (Refrigerator)
Serving Size: 1 (640 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.9
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 512.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 48.3 g
- Protein 7.8 g