This is the best salad in the world, and I feel so strongly that way that I would better money on that. I've made allot of salads in my day, but NONE have come even slightly close to this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 porterhouse steak, cut off the bone and into thick slices (or anything else)
- 1 shiitaki mushroom, sliced 1/4 inch think
- 1 (10 ounce) bag european mixed greens
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into rings and then into 1/4 s
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- blue cheese, to top (I like Gorgonzola)
- salt and pepper
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients, except the oil.
- 2Slowly whisk in the oil to incorporate, pour about 2 large tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the steak and mix; refrigerate the rest until needed.
- 3Heat a medium sauté pan over high/medium-high heat with a little oil in it.
- 4Add the mushroom slices, season with salt and pepper, and brown on both sides.
- 5Add the steak and sauté until browned.
- 6Place the European mixed greens on a large plate or bowl, sprinkle the onions over the top, pour the steak and mushrooms in the center, places the mandarin orange sections around the steak and mushrooms, sprinkle with blue cheese and salt and pepper, pour on dressing.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black and Bleu Salad
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.1
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1599.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raspberry balsamic vinegar