Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is the best salad in the world, and I feel so strongly that way that I would better money on that. I've made allot of salads in my day, but NONE have come even slightly close to this one.
Top Review by anna074
I was craving a good steak salad, one that was similar to a salad at Panera in the fall. Found this one and gave it a try.....Followed to a "T". Used Blue Cheese and Porterhouse (get it on sale, can be pricey). PERFECTION. It was so good. It was exactly what I was looking for. I am making it again tonight - deserved a review! Delish.
- 1 porterhouse steak, cut off the bone and into thick slices (or anything else)
- 1 shiitaki mushroom, sliced 1/4 inch think
- 1 (10 ounce) bageuropean mixed greens
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced into rings and then into 1/4 s
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- blue cheese, to top (I like Gorgonzola)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients, except the oil.
- Slowly whisk in the oil to incorporate, pour about 2 large tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the steak and mix; refrigerate the rest until needed.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over high/medium-high heat with a little oil in it.
- Add the mushroom slices, season with salt and pepper, and brown on both sides.
- Add the steak and sauté until browned.
- Place the European mixed greens on a large plate or bowl, sprinkle the onions over the top, pour the steak and mushrooms in the center, places the mandarin orange sections around the steak and mushrooms, sprinkle with blue cheese and salt and pepper, pour on dressing.