Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an awesome recipe from the Foodcourt column, Weekend magazine. Make this at your next party and be ready to be kissed by all your guests!;-)
- 2 cups basmati rice, boiled and cooked
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- ghee or oil, to fry
- 1⁄2 cup oyster mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom, chopped
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, washed and finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, washed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 cup tomatoes, washed, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, finely ground
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- To prepare the koftas, combine all the ingredients for the koftas in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Knead into a dough.
- Divide the dough equally into 4 portions.
- Shape into medium sized balls.
- Set aside.
- Place a spoonful of the filling and cover completely shaping the kofta into a ball.
- Complete all the koftas in this way.
- Dep fry in hot ghee or oil until golden brown in colour.
- Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins and keep aside.
- Now, prepare the filling.
- Wash the Shitake mushrooms, then drain and soak them in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Drain and chop.
- Combine lemon juice and sugar in a pan.
- Cook on slow flame till it has a one string consistency.
- Add mushrooms and cook until dry.
- Add ginger, green chillies, salt, mint leaves and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Now prepare the gravy.
- For this, heat ghee or oil in a heavy bottomed pan or wok.
- Add onions.
- Stir-fry on low flame until light brown.
- Add ginger and garlic pastes.
- Fry for 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add pepper, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves.
- Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add red chilli, turmeric and corriander powders.
- Mix well.
- Place koftas in a serving dish and pour the gravy over them.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh corriander leaves and serve hot.