1/4 Photos of Bittersweet Chocolate-Cassis Truffles
3 hrs 30 mins
Indulge yourself! These easy truffles feature a hint of Crème de Cassis liqueur (my favorite). Hint: Make sure to finely chop the chocolate before you begin, or it may not completely melt when whisked with the cream. If there are lumps in your truffle mixture, set it over a slightly larger bowl of hot (not boiling) water and stir until melted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chocolate in a medium-size heatproof bowl.
- 2Bring the cream just to a boil in a small saucepan. As soon as it begins to boil, pour it through a FINE strainer and into the bowl with the chocolate.
- 3Whisk the cream and chocolate together until the chocolate is completely melted. Whisk in the Crème de Cassis.
- 4Cover and refrigerate until stiff and cold, at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
- 5Scoop up some of the chilled chocolate mixture with a very small scoop, or a teaspoon and roll between your palms to make 3/4-inch balls (they don't have to be perfectly round). Work quickly so the chocolate doesn't melt in your hands. (I just used the small scoop and did not roll in my hands) Transfer the balls to a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, setting them 1/2-inch apart.
- 6Wipe your hands periodically with paper towels to remove any chocolate left behind from rolling.
- 7If the truffle mixture becomes too soft to roll, return it to the refrigerator briefly to firm up before continuing.
- 8Lightly cover the balls with plastic wrap and return to the refrigerator until cool and firm. Place the *cocoa powder in a pie plate or other flat-bottomed dish with sides, and roll the truffles in the cocoa powder a few at a time, until coated.
- 9Store the truffles in a waxed paper-lined tin in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 10*Another idea would be to roll the truffles in a finely powdered nut mixture.
- 11If you'd like to make your own Creme de Cassis, try Homemade Creme De Cassis Liqueur.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bittersweet Chocolate-Cassis Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.9
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
creme de cassis