Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are heartshaped brownies from samsclub.com. Estimated time
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat to 350°F
- Spray the inside of an 8-cavity 2" heart-shaped silicone pan with non-stick spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Melt the chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl on low power for 30-second bursts. Stir after each burst.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the egg and yolk in a bowl until frothy.
- Add the sugars and whip until very thick and pale colored, about 5 minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and blend completely.
- Sift together the flour and cocoa powder and add the salt.
- Add to the mixture in 3 stages, blending well after each addition. Stir in the walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly among cavities of the pan. Bake 35 minutes, until a tester comes out slightly moist.
- Remove from the oven and cool the pan on a rack.
- Turn the pan upside-down and gently peel away from the brownies, then turn brownies top-side up.
- Store in a single layer in a tightly sealed container or covered with foil at room temperature up to 5 days.